When moving what types of cartons should one use?
The boxes you use to pack your household goods are important in more ways than one. Make sure the cartons you use are suitable for transporting your goods to minimize damage. Also, ensure that you are not packing boxes too heavy, they can break open, or too light, they can crush when they are stacked in the moving van. Use only durable cartons constructed for the packaging of items.
Call now and "Join the Old Pueblo Moving and Warehouse team of satisfied customers" at 520-624-7440, or E-MAIL us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let the best handle the rest!
Q: Do you sell cartons for moving?
Yes, we provide all box sizes at a very affordable price and if we have used boxes in stock we provide those at no cost.
Q: What size carton is best for heavy items such as books, canned goods, heavy tools or CD's?
The smallest and heaviest items are generally packing in the 1.5 cubic foot carton.
Q: What size carton is best for heavier items such as small kitchen appliances, lamp bases, electronic gadgets, pots and pans?
Smaller and heavier items are usually packing in the 3.0 cubic foot carton.
Q: What size carton is best for items such as non-hanging clothes, lamps, non-breakable kitchen goods (plastic ware, baking sheets, cake pans, etc.), linens, or children's toys?
One thing to consider is that as the size of the container increases, the weight of the individual items going into the container should decrease. The 4.5 cubic foot carton is perfect for items like those.
Q: What size carton is best for items such as stuffed toys, blankets, pillows, or area rugs?
The 6.0 or 6.5 cubic foot carton is the largest of the general-purpose cartons. This carton should only be considered for the lightest and bulkiest items.
Q: What other types of cartons are available?
Because you have taken care of the items in your home, you want to make sure that they arrive safely in your new place.
- Consider using a Dish Pack Carton (also known as Barrel or Dish Barrel Carton) when packing breakable kitchenware, china, crystal, bric-a-brac or antiques. They are the safest of all the cartons because of their extra-strength, multi-layer construction.
- There are Mattress Cartons which come in standard size for crib, twin, double, queen or king mattresses or box springs. Be aware that some waterbeds, futons and sleep sofas may also require cartons for shipping.
- Mirror Cartons come in a number of sizes. Many mirror carton pieces can be fitted together to offer a great deal of flexibility for such items as pictures, mirrors or small glass table tops.
- Wardrobe Cartons are the largest of the standard cartons and will either be standup or lay-down. The cartons are constructed in such a manner that hanging clothes will remain hanging during the move. You may want to consider the wardrobe for shipping drapes and curtains (neatly folded and on hangers) to help reduce wrinkling during shipment. For local moves we provide wardrobe carton use at no cost.
- There are specialized cartons for very specific needs such as golf club cartons, bicycle cartons, grandfather clock boxes and crates. The ultimate specialty cartons are crates used for extremely fragile pieces such as marble and glass. These cartons are built to order and need to be ordered prior to your move. Ask our company representative for details.